Make smiley packs, use them everywhere
Emotimaker is a simple program for making smileypacks for in use in various instant messenging and chat programs. Emotimaker is simple to use, offering an easy way of choosing the name, image, and ASCII representations for each smiley. Once you're done creating a smileypack, you can distribute it in Emotimaker's native format, install it into iChat, or save it in a format native to your desired IM or chat program. Currently, Emotimaker supports Adium, Proteus, Fire, and Colloquy emoticon plugin formats.
Version 1.0.3 adds support for the newest Adium and Proteus emoticon pack formats, and adds support for animated smilies.
- Quick smileypack creation
Interface that gets out of your way.
- Drag-and-drop interface
Easily create smileypacks in minutes.
- Universal binary
Native support for Intel-based Macs.
- An app that raises eyebrows
'cause who can resist the w00t smiley?
- Full iChat Support
iChat 1.0, iChat AV, iChat in Tiger.
- Good foreign citizen
Don't use iChat in English? No prob.
- Plays well with other chat programs
Adium, Proteus, Fire, Colloquy support.
- Supports animated smilies
Animated gifs used wherever possible.
So you want additional smileypacks for iChat Emotimaker, huh? While this list is currently pretty thin, please feel free to make your own smileypacks and submit them so that other users of iChat can enjoy your creations. iChat Emotimaker makes it simple -- you just need to be a good artist to make some good smiley images. :)
Version 1.0.3 adds the following:
- Added support for animated emoticons
- Added support for Adium's newer emoticonset format (Emotimaker can still read the old format)
- Added support for Proteus' newer emoticons file format (Emotimaker can still read the old format)
- Dragging Fire themes and Colloquy Emoticons files to the Dock icon now opens the documents as expected
- Emotimaker is now a universal binary